Indiepublic

Let's get a list going of all the Art Festivals and Craft Fairs, Markets etc. that go on throughout the year. It would be great to have a list that everyone can refer. Then we can use this list to refer back to when we ant to set up a WNY etsy street team table.

Here are some I can think of off the top of my heard....

1. Allentown Arts Festival
2. Elmwood Arts Festival
3. Second Storie Indie Market (in Rochester)
4 Buffalo Indie Market (coming soon) :)

Let's keep the list going! :)

Mary
Ry Stephens Design

Tags: art, craft, fairs, festivals, indie, markets

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

the Rochester Public Market has an Artists' Row during the summer. On Sundays in summer they have the Community Garage Sales and you get a spot for $25. I plan on hitting both of these this year as many times as possible.

try looking at Event Lister for upcoming shows in your area. You can search by zip code and how far you want to travel. i found the show i did Saturday on there.

Off the top of my head we have the Lilac Fest in May, Clothesline Art Fest at the Memorial Art Gallery, Corn Hill Arts Fest, & Park Ave Fest. These are the big weekend long shows outside. Lilac Fest is 2 weeks but vendors only set up 2 weekends. Rochester has HUGE turnouts for all these events.
corn hill arts festival in rochester
Great thanks! :) I think I will make a list for different cities to make it easier. So now for Rochester....

Rochester
1.Lilac Festival (May)
2.Clothesline art Festival @ Memorial Art Gallery
3. Corn Hill Arts Festival
4. Park Ave Festival
5.Rochester Public Market (Summer Sundays)
Here's a few more near Rochester...

- Fairport Canal Days
- Naples Grape Festival
- Letchworth Arts and Crafts Show

Here's a helpful link...http://festivalnet.com/events.html?fn00056
I am in the Ithaca area - Finger Lakes:

1) Ithaca Farmers Market - need to be located within 30 miles of market location
2) Ithaca Festival
3) Finger Lakes Wine Festival - Watkins Glen
4) Grassroots Music Festival - Trumansburg
5) A Festival of Art - Corning
6) Skaneateles Antique & Craft Show
More info about the Rochester Public Market Community Garage Sales:

"Community Garage Sales and Super Fleas "at the Market"
Sundays 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
April 20, 27, May 4, June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 3, 10, 17, 24, September 7, 14, 28, October 12 (all in 2008)

Not only will bargain-hunters be able to take advantage of great values, bur residents throughout Metropolitan Rochester will be able to sell all the "treasures" that turn up during the cleaning of their garages, basements, and attics. Service groups: Let this be a fundraiser! Vending spaces of 10' by 30' are available for just $25. For vending information, call 428-6907. The community garage sale is another in an on-going series of Sunday events sponsored by the city at the market to provide more bargain-rich opportunities for shopping at Rochester's oldest and most charming outdoor marketplace. Call (585) 428-6770. "

You are able to set up a booth selling whatever you want, it does not have to be garage sales. I am planning to set up my jewelry table this summer but not until after June when we are moving. (We bought our first house!) Tons of people attend this event and do buy!!

Also check this out!

"Artist's Row
Sunday, September 21, 2008, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

On Sunday, the Market becomes a venue for Rochester's emerging young artists as well as established artisans to showcase and sell their works. All genres are welcomed at the juried exhibition whose goal is to provide an affordable alternative for artistic expression. The event also features dance and musical entertainment by some of Rochester's finest cultural and ethnic troupes. Presented by The Friends of the Rochester Public Market, Preferred Care, and the City. For information and applications call 585-428-6907, ext. 8 or email: marketfriends@rochester.rr.com"

RSS

Indie Public Sponsors

© 2014   Created by IndieAdmin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service